Prospective authors are invited to submit full-length original and previously unpublished papers via the EDAS. Submitted papers will be peer-reviewed by at last two members of the Scientific Programme Committee.
All the accepted papers will be published in the conference proceedings issued on USB drive, which (containing only presented papers at the conference) will be sent for indexing and abstracting in IEEE Xplore® digital library and for indexing in SCOPUS databases.
Authors should prepare a PDF file following the IEEE single-space, two-column format using at least 10 point size type. The paper must be correctly formatted to fit on A4. The paper should not exceed 6 pages including figures, tables & references. Maximum 4 additional pages are allowed. Additional pages will be overcharged. The papers cannot exceed 10 pages, otherwise they will be automatically rejected. The cost of overcharge per page is indicated in the Registration Fees. The paper must be submitted in PDF format via the EDAS System.
Note: The congress organizers reserves the right to not include a paper to the Proceedings if the congress registration fee is not paid or if the paper is not presented on the ICUMT 2018 congress.
ATTN: Same instructions applied for all papers associated with the ICUMT 2018 and all workshops
Please be aware that for the ICUMT 2018 and associated workshops at least one Regular/IEEE/Student registration before September 18, 2018 (to receive the Early Registration fee) per accepted paper is mandatory to include the paper in the proceedings of the congress and IEEE Xplore. If your paper is accepted for a workshop, at least workshop registration fee has to be paid. Full congress registration covers workshop papers as well. A paper without registered authors after October 5, 2018 will be withdrawn.
1. Verify that your paper is created using the congress templates – see above in Manuscript template. The PDF file should be prepared according to the IEEE PDF specification. The page numbers will be inserted by the congress proceedings producer. So please make sure not to number your pages. Do not insert any footers or headers. Do not use any PDF security features in submitted PDF files, i.e., they must be fully accessible and editable by the proceedings producer for numbering and other production purposes.
2. Proofread and check layout of manuscript (it is highly recommended that you do this BEFORE going to IEEE PDF eXpress Plus.)
3. Create IEEE PDF eXpress Plus account (see „Procedure for PDF eXpress Plus log in“ below)
4. Upload source file(s) for Conversion; and/or PDF(s) for Checking
5. Use IEEE PDF eXpress Plus to attain IEEE Xplore-compatible PDF(s). The site contains extensive instructions, resources, helpful hints, and access to technical support.
6. According to the IEEE policy the contact author of each paper accepted for presentation in the ICUMT 2018 congress has to fill in the IEEE Copyright Form. The online IEEE eCopyright form will be available in the EDAS. Note that without this document your paper cannot be submitted for indexing in the IEEE Xplore® database.
7. Submit the final, IEEE Xplore-compatible PDF(s) to the ICUMT 2018 via your EDAS profile. Please DO NOT change the file NAME i.e. its PIDxxxxxxx code generated by PDF eXpress Plus . Please note: uploading a paper to IEEE PDF eXpress Plus is not the same as submitting the paper to the congress. You will still need to upload the checked PDF with final manuscript and copyright form to EDAS.
Procedure for PDF eXpress Plus log in
1. Go to IEEE PDF eXpress Plus Site: http://www.pdf-express.org/plus Conference ID: 45195XP
2. For each congress paper, click „Create New Title“
3. Enter identifying text for the paper (title is recommended but not required)
4. Click „Submit PDF for Checking“ or „Submit Source Files for Conversion“
5. Indicate platform, source file type (if applicable), click Browse and navigate to file, and click „Upload File“. You will receive online and email confirmation of successful upload. If you have your final manuscript in LaTex you might need to upload archive including all support files like images etc.*
6. You will receive an email with your Checked PDF or IEEE PDF eXpress Plus-converted PDF attached. If you submitted a PDF for checking, the email will show if your file passed or failed
IEEE PDF eXpress Plus converts the following file types to PDF:Rich Text Format, Freelance, (La)TeX (DVI and all support files required), PageMaker, FrameMaker, QuarkXpress, Word Pro, Microsoft Word, WordPerfect.
*For documents created in formats that do not embed source files, include all support files with the final manuscript in a folder. Put this folder in a compressed archive for submission. If it is possible to embed images in the source document, you should do so to avoid potential issues, such as missing graphics.
IMPORTANT: A DVI (DeVice Independent file) is required for LaTeX conversions, in addition to all associated image files. Make sure that your LaTeX system can output a DVI, otherwise it cannot be converted. Be sure also to check that your images are properly referenced, and that DVI can handle the image file types used (DVI does not handle some newer image types, such as *.png).
The organizers can leave out a paper from the final proceedings submitted to IEEE Xplore in case it is not presented on the congress or workshop.
September 17, 2018: The ICUMT 2018 organizing committee has decided to extend the Final Paper Submission as well as Authors' Early Registration deadline till this Friday, September 21, 2018.
September 13, 2018: The ICUMT 2018 registration system has been opened!
August 15, 2018: Since the Regular Paper Submission deadline has been extended for more than 3 weeks, the ICUMT 2018 TPC has decided to extend also the Notification of Paper Acceptance deadline until September 3, 2018 to provide sufficient time to
July 11, 2018: Due to numerous requests, the ICUMT 2018 TPC decided to extend the Regular Paper Submission deadline until July 21, 2018 (HARD DEADLINE). To submit your manuscript, please follow the instructions in the Author's area section
July 10, 2018: We are happy to announce the list of workshops co-located with the ICUMT 2018 congress. For more details including the submission deadlines, please follow the Workshops section.
June 29, 2018: The deadline for Regular Paper Submission has been extended until July 11, 2018.
May 23, 2018: The deadline for Call for workshops was extended until June 11, 2018 (hard deadline). We are looking forward to your workshop proposals.
May 22, 2018: The ICUMT 2018 venue will be held in the hotel Courtyard by Marriott Moscow Paveletskaya****, Moscow, Russia.
May 21, 2018: The official theme of the ICUMT 2018 congress will be „Emerging technologies for connected society“.
February 5, 2018: ICUMT 2018 will be hosted this time in Moscow, Russia in November 5 – 9, 2018
Deadline for Workshop Proposal: June 11, 2018 Deadline for Full Paper Submission: July 21, 2018 Notification of Paper Acceptance: September 3, 2018 Final Paper Submission: September 21, 2018 Authors' Early Registration: September 21, 2018 Authors' Late Registration: October 5, 2018