Final manuscript submission
ICUMT 2014 and associated workshops has been registered for use of IEEE PDF eXpress. All ICUMT conference articles submitted for inclusion in ICUMT Proceedings must adhere to the IEEE Xplore PDF specification for compatibility. IEEE PDF eXpress is a free service to IEEE conferences, allowing their authors to make IEEE Xplore-compatible PDFs (Conversion function) or to check PDFs that authors have made themselves for IEEE Xplore compatibility (PDF Check function).
Detailed instructions will be posted just before acceptance notification.
ATTN: Same instructions applied for all papers associated with ICUMT 2014 and all workshops
Submission of the FINAL MANUSCRIPT is handled via EDAS system in PDF format.
Guide for the final manuscript submission:
ICUMT 2014 has been registered for use of IEEE PDF eXpress. All ICUMT conference articles submitted for inclusion in ICUMT Proceedings must adhere to the IEEE Xplore PDF specification for compatibility. IEEE PDF eXpress is a free service to IEEE conferences, allowing their authors to make IEEE Xplore-compatible PDFs (Conversion function) or to check PDFs that authors have made themselves for IEEE Xplore compatibility (PDF Check function). If a final manuscript is not compliant with PDF eXpress, it will not be included into proceedings submitted to IEEE Xplore after the conference.
Steps for the final manuscript submission:
[Please be aware that at least one full registration before September 5, 2014 per accepted paper is mandatory to include the paper in the proceedings of the conference, even if the presenting author is a student. A paper without registered authors after September 5, 2015 will be withdrawn. One registration covers up to 2 papers of the same authors]
1. Create your manuscript(s)
Authors should prepare a PDF file following the IEEE single-space, two-column format using at least 10 point size type. The paper must be correctly formatted to fit on A4.
Paper length limit: 9 pages
The PDF file should be prepared according to the IEEE PDF specification. The page numbers will be inserted by the conference CD-ROM producer. So please make sure not to number your pages. Do not insert any footers or headers. Do not use any PDF security features in submitted PDF files, i.e., they must be fully accessible and editable by the CD-ROM producer for numbering and other production purposes.
2. The appropriate copyright notice is to appear on the bottom of the first page of your paper. Detailed instructions can be found at http://www.ieee.org/portal/pages/about/documentation/copyright/cfrmlink.html
For papers in which all authors are employed by the US government, the copyright notice is: U.S. Government work not protected by U.S. copyright
For papers in which all authors are employed by a Crown government (UK, Canada, and Australia), the copyright notice is: 978-1-4799-5291-5/14/$31.00 ©2014 Crown
For all other papers the copyright notice is: 978-1-4799-5291-5/14/$31.00 ©2014 IEEE
3. Proofread and check layout of manuscript (it is highly recommended that you do this BEFORE going to IEEE PDF eXpress.)
4. Create IEEE PDF eXpress account (see "Procedure for PDF eXpress log in " below)
5. Upload source file(s) for Conversion; and/or PDF(s) for Checking
6. Use IEEE PDF eXpress to attain IEEE Xplore-compatible PDF(s). The site contains extensive instructions, resources, helpful hints, and access to technical support.
7. Submit the final, IEEE Xplore-compatible PDF(s) to the ICUMT 2014. Please note : uploading a paper to IEEE PDF eXpress is not the same as submitting the paper to the symposium. You will still need to upload the checked PDF with final manuscript to EDAS.
Procedure for PDF eXpress log in
1. Go to IEEE PDF eXpress: http://www.pdf-express.org/ Conference ID: 33800X
2. For each conference paper, click "Create New Title"
3. Enter identifying text for the paper (title is recommended but not required)
4. Click "Submit PDF for Checking" or "Submit Source Files for Conversion"
5. Indicate platform, source file type (if applicable), click Browse and navigate to file, and click "Upload File". You will receive online and email confirmation of successful upload. If you have your final manuscript in Latex you might need to upload archive including all support files like images etc.*
6. You will receive an email with your Checked PDF or IEEE PDF eXpress-converted PDF attached. If you submitted a PDF for Checking, the email will show if your file passed or failed
IEEE PDF eXpress converts the following file types to PDF:Rich Text Format, Freelance, (La)TeX (DVI and all support files required)*, PageMaker, FrameMaker, QuarkXpress*, Word Pro, Microsoft Word, WordPerfect.
*For documents created in formats that do not embed source files, include all support files with the final manuscript in a folder. Put this folder in a compressed archive for submission. If it is possible to embed images in the source document, you should do so to avoid potential issues, such as missing graphics.
IMPORTANT: A DVI (DeVice Independent file) is required for LaTeX conversions, in addition to all associated image files. Make sure that your LaTeX system can output a DVI, otherwise it cannot be converted. Be sure also to check that your images are properly referenced, and that DVI can handle the image file types used (DVI does not handle some newer image types, such as *.png).
The organizers can leave out a paper from the final proceedings submitted to IEEE Xplore in case it is not presented on the congress or workshop.